Albert Koehler: 20 questions
By Charelle Evelyn / Prince George Citizen
During the municipal election campaign, The Citizen sent out four questions for each of the candidates for mayor and city council to answer about their stand on various civic issues.
Earlier this month, city hall reporter Charelle Evelyn sent out a different sort of questionnaire to the new mayor and council, hoping to learn more about their personal interests and background buy levitra vardenafil. All but Coun. Susan Scott took part.
To find out which city councillor’s favourite album is AC/DC’s Back In Black and which councillor would have KFC as his last meal before his death sentence, keep reading.
Classical music lover Albert Koehler is into his second term on city council and has come a long way from the tricycle-riding tot wheeling around the family farm.
1. Book currently on your night stand (or open on your e-reader)?
A book by Tom Clancy: Command Authority (a great book if someone wants to know what Putin has or had in mind).
2. Three things you’d take with you if you were marooned on an island?
A bible, food for a week or so and a satellite phone.
3. What is the go-to song to lift your spirits?
My spirits are always lifted. Well, there is a nice German song which translated means: The sun is always shining, above the clouds.
4. Favourite movie/TV show?
I do not watch TV shows.
5. What is your earliest memory?
When I was three years old and got a tricycle to play and ride on our farm.
6. Least favourite word?
7. Ideal vacation spot?
Austria, northern Italy
8. Favourite band/musician and/or favourite album?
CD of Johann Strauss: Vienna Walzes
9. If you were on death row, what would you choose for your last meal?
Scrambled eggs with fresh potatoes
10. What quote would you want printed with your obituary?
“Thank you for this life.”
11. What’s your favourite thing to do to unwind?
Walking through nature and the woods.
12. What’s your favourite thing to do in Prince George?
Meeting with friends and people.
13. What would friends say is your most annoying habit?
I do not know that.
14. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead), who would they be?
My parents and my wife.
15. What was your first car?
A Simca 1000, which was a French car in Germany, not very special but a nice small car.
16. Which team do you root for during the FIFA World Cup?
17. Best/worst subject in school?
Best: Forestry and Nature. Worst: English literary (my English was the pits)
18. Who was your biggest influence as a child?
19. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
The gift of health.
20. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
1976 – hunting in the Iranian mountains and driving with a Volkswagen van in dry river beds (with two good friends).
– See more at: http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/albert-koehler-20-questions-1.1692576#sthash.FZY6E5oC.dpuf